We’d love you to join us!
Our Future Asset 2017 Conference was incredible, so we’ve decided to do it again, this time in Glasgow! This year we are welcoming 16-18 year old girls & their teachers to the Technology & Innovation Centre at the University of Strathclyde on 24 September from 9am to 4pm.
Our theme this year is “Making a Difference”. The world faces many problems right now and there are no easy answers. We need girls to rise to the challenge and we’re here to help them explore what they can do and how!
The day will include:
- Inspirational speakers on equality, diversity, overcoming challenges and making a positive impact.
- Networking with successful women in a range of careers.
- Industry experts running practical workshops on companies and sectors to invest in. They will introduce key issues in researching, analysing and comparing companies and the girls will get a chance to present their findings.
- Personal development sessions – helping girls to develop confidence and communication skills.
- Launch of the Future Asset Investment Competition!
You don’t have to be studying business or planning a career in investment to attend. We want girls who are passionate about making a difference, ask lots of questions and are ready for a challenge!
Schools can send five girls in either S5 or S6 and one teacher to the conference.
Attendance is free and lunch and refreshments are included.
Travel & Accommodation
- Schools must arrange their own travel to the conference.
- If your school is 20 miles or more from the conference venue, travel expenditure will be reimbursed to the school, (travel must be booked at reasonable cost).
- Accommodation can be arranged for delegates from schools over 70 miles from the venue. We have rooms reserved at local hotels and these will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- If you meet these criteria and would like assistance with travel and/or accommodation, then please ask for a Travel & Accommodation form when you book your places for the conference.