Can you spot the next Amazon or Tesla?
The Growing Future Assets Competition.
Research, Pitch, WIN!
Our 10-week competition enables girls in Scottish schools to experience the role of an Investment Manager.
Teams learn about the world of investing whilst competing in our nationwide competition for chance to win up to £1000 for your school and up to £200 in vouchers per student.
Teams of S3-6 girls work with an investment professional “Competition Coach” to pitch a company with great investment potential! Pick a company from our Companies Crib Sheet and tell us:
- Which company has the best product or service
- Why is it better than its competitors?
- How is it improving its impact on the environment and society?
- How will it expand, where, and how much will it grow in the next 5 years and why?
- And most importantly, how will it make money for investors?
What's in it for you?
Materials and cool stuff
Personalised advice from your Competition Coach and access to a range of E-learning materials from Future Asset in the form of fun online activities and masterclasses.
See whats out there
Career insights into Investment Management and financial services
CV worthy experience
Professional and practical experience for your CV and personal statement
All girls who take part in the competition become our Future Asset Alumni and have access to events and information on work experience and job opportunities.
Grow your skills
Transferable skills including teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills, research, analysis and problem solving, creative thinking and much more!
Motivation, perseverance and resilience leading to confidence, self-belief and a sense of achievement
Competition Coaches are Investment Professionals who volunteer their time to help the teams through the competition. They provide advice, insights and real links to the industry.
All schools are assigned a Competition Coach and teams are responsible for contacting and scheduling meetings. Teams who work with their Coaches make better pitches as well as getting real work experience!
Senior Competition (S5-S6):
- Winner: £1,000 for the winning school and £200 vouchers of the students’ choice for each member of the winning team
- Runner up: £500 for the runner up school and £100 vouchers of the students’ choice for each team member
Junior Competition (S3-S4):
- Winner: £800 for the winning school and £150 vouchers of the students’ choice for each member of the winning team
- Runner up: £400 for the runner up school and £75 vouchers of the students’ choice for each team member
Best Elevator Pitch Video and the Best ESG Case (*Environment, Social and Governance):
- £40 Vouchers of the student’s choice for each member of the winning team
All of our finalists will be invited to our Celebration Day In Edinburgh where they will visit one of our member firms to see what it’s really like to work in an investment management company.
Who can take part?
Teams of 3-6 girls from any Scottish secondary school and college
s can take part (13-18 years old) The age categories are:
- Junior: S3-S4
- Senior: S5-S6 (or non advanced College courses for students of 18 years or under)
All teams must have a designated Teacher Champion who will assist the girls and act as a point of contact between Future Asset and the teams Competition Coach.
How to get involved
Teacher Champions submit online team registration form. All team members must complete:
- Parental / student permission form
- Pre competition questionnaire – What do you know about investment?